What do I do when I want to move?

Well, firstly, contact us – let us have a look at the options with you.

It might be that you have ERCs (see next explainer), or it might be that you can port your mortgage (put simply – moving your mortgage to a new address).

We can help you answer all of these questions.

If you have a Shared Ownership home, you will need to inform your Housing Association if you want to move. There may be a clause in your contract that says you have to give them a period of time to find a buyer on your behalf before you can put the property up for sale on the local market.

The property will also need to valued at the point you wish to sell.